The school is concerned about the content that the boys have access to via their cellphones. In order to assist the school, parents can now follow these steps in order to control this content:
- All Contract and Prepaid customers can bar access to adult content on a Vodacom cellphone by dialing *111*123# from the cellphone concerned.
- To unblock the adult content restriction, visit your nearest service provider and provide your ID to prove that you are at least 18 years old.
- Unblocking of adult content cannot be done telephonically through Customer Care.
How to sign up
- Dial *101# from the handset you would like to restrict content on
- Select the content category to be barred
- Create a PIN (this number will allow you to alter the filter settings or remove it entirely at a later stage)
- Input your cellphone number to receive updates on the filter’s settings
- Input your chosen PIN
How to maintain MTN Parental Control
- To change details, dial *101#
If there are any changes to the settings, both you and the cellphone with restricted access will receive an SMS
CELL C & TELKOM MOBILE:
Telkom Mobile & Cell C, however, does not have a technical solution to assist parents in protecting their children from access to adult or other mobile content.