This is the Grey Heart, a sacred place where we understand that hard, intelligent work is the only
way to reach your goal. We are a family of sportsmen, a bond, a kinship, striving to be the best in the
world. Here we push the realm of physicality to a level above logic… and then push even further. We
prepare a mentally tougher player to withstand and dominate any opposition. We demand only the
best, and we request you show us your heart and never give up.
Gym Manager & Physiotherapist: Jaco Colyn – B.Sc. Physiotherapy; M.Sc. HPE
Biokineticist: Stefan Uys – B.Sc. Biokinetics
Rugby Juniors and Waterpolo: Marco Pretorius – BA Honours Sport Science
Rugby Seniors: Inus Keyser
Cricket: Sean van Niekerk – BA Honours Sport Science
Hockey and Soccer: James Braude – BA Honours Sport Science
School Nurse: Nina van den Berg – Registered Nurse (Medical Sister)
The Grey College Gym offers an environment that will cater to your conditioning goals.
The two-level gym has cutting-edge cardiovascular, strength, power and other equipment. Specific
training and equipment areas include:
– Power cages with drop platforms
– Cardio area (bikes, rowers, treadmills, etc.)
– Free weights
– Floor/mat area
Our professional strength and conditioning, rehabilitation and other specialists can assist and
support all your requirements. The gym is open to all scholars, Staff & Private Clients.
Our comprehensive, integrated sports-specific conditioning programmes are designed to understand
the needs and demands of elite, high-performance athletes and deliver maximum results.
Our Strength & Conditioning coaches have multi-sport experience and work with athletes and teams
from the development phase to the performance and elite arena.
– Designing individual athlete training programmes
– Developing periodisation for team or squad training programmes
– Performance testing and analysis
– Personalised conditioning sessions
The Physiotherapy Practice and Biokinetics Practice consult with private clients and contracted
sports teams. Our services include:
– Injury screening and decision making
– acute injury care
– sports massage/recovery
– functional movement screening
– physiotherapy equipment and materials
We focus on integrating our treatment and rehabilitation interventions into the athletes’ training
programme. The physiotherapist and biokineticist work on-site and collaborate with leading health
professionals, Strength & Conditioning coaches, and sport medicine practitioners in South Africa.
We pride ourselves on our rehabilitation skills and track record – focusing on safe, research-based,
– Leaners & Staff are not allowed to train with Hats or “Wife Beaters” in the gym.
– Please do not leave any valuables in the cloakroom. If you do, it will be at your own risk.
– The gym will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to valuables.
– Clean up your mess & respect the equipment.